NVEC Text Alerts
Navasota Valley Electric Cooperative is pleased to announce its new text notification service –NVEC Alerts. This program will allow our members to send and receive texts with outage information. This will also allow NVEC to send information on planned outages, and other important information regarding your service. Traditional outage reporting methods will still be available.
How to sign up:
- If you have a mobile number on file with us, you will automatically be enrolled.
- Save NVEC as a contact in your phone: 800.443.9462
- Have a new mobile number? Call 800.443.9462 and press or say “4” and follow the prompts to update your phone number.
- Use this QR code to text NVEC.
Text Message Menu:
- Text OUT to report an outage.
- Text STATUS to receive restoration updates specific to your outage. Updates are available after line crews are onsite and evaluate the situation. Please know that major outages due to a storm can cause a delay in estimated restoration times.
- Text BLINK to report power quality issues other than an outage.
- When power is restored, we’ll send you a text. However, if your power isn’t on, text OUT
- Text HELP for the text message menu and our contact number.
- Text QUIT to opt-out of this service at any time.
Other things to note:
If your number is not recognized, it will tell you to contact us by phone to report your outage via the outage management system. If you text OUT to report an outage, but don’t respond to the questions it asks, it will tell you the outage was not reported and to respond or call in. When you have multiple meters, and they are both off the same device, it will ask if both meters are out. When texting in your outage, upper or lowercase letters are acceptable.
This service is free from NVEC. However, depending on your cell phone provider plan, messaging and data rates may apply.
Remember, the best time to make updates to your account is before an outage occurs. Enroll today and be ready to text us the next time you’re in the dark.