Brazos Electric Ratepayer Hardship Fund – Assistance Program
Do you need help covering the cost of the new charge on your electricity bill associated with the 2021 Winter Storm Uri?
The Brazos Electric Ratepayer Hardship Fund assistance program provides bill credits to eligible low-income residential cooperative members to cover the cost of recently added bill charges due to the high costs incurred during Winter Storm Uri.
This Uri-related charge is labeled as the SCRF on your cooperative’s electric bill.
- Are you eligible?
- Only current members of Navasota Valley Electric Cooperative are eligible to participate.
- If a member of your household meets the criteria for LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) or SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), your household may qualify.
- If not already a LIHEAP or SNAP participant, you may still qualify for assistance if your household income is at or below 150% of the poverty line.
- Eligibility will last one year and can be renewed if eligibility requirements are still met the following year when you reapply.
- If you qualify, the credit you receive will be the actual amount of the Uri-related charge (SCRF).
See www.brazoshardshipfund.com for information about the program and to submit your application.
The website will be available starting on February 27, 2023 at 1:00 PM Central Time.
If you have questions about the program, you can also call 844-770-8549 during the hours of 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Central Time.